Friday, May 23, 2008

1st BIG catering tomorrow!


Tomorrow is our first big catering job. We are going to a car dealership and setting up the smoker and the tents. We are making it a family affair. The kids love to help cook!! They get excited when the tents go up. I think the whole neighborhood gets excited.


So I have run a gazillion errands to get ready for this HUGE cook. We are cooking 90 lbs of pork butt (for pulled pork) and 8 spatchcock chickens (the best chicken ever) and 9 racks of ribs. I also made a big pan of smoked beans. I am not really looking forward to pulling all that pork in the morning. Here is a picture of the smoker loaded down. The smoker has a name it is Marie Laveau (Another pig done gone).

2 comments:

Karen said...

Mmmmmm ... I can almost smell it!

donna said...

looks so delish Mellie. I can't wait to sample some!